No student exchange until the end of September 2021
As we do not yet know how the Corona virus will continue to affect Germany and its higher education, DHBW Heidenheim has decided not to run the International Program until the end of September 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Ingrid Lange.
All study programs offered at DHBW are both nationally and internationally recognized and count as intensive degree program with 210 ECTS points. Upon graduation students of Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University obtain an academic degree. Depending on the school (School of Business, School of Engineering or School of Social Work) and the study program, the graduates obtain the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
In the full study program you can study at Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University for three years. To participate in this program you need the equivalent of the German Abitur (university entrance qualification) plus a contract with a German company as employer. You will alternate between working and studying for the full three years.
Bachelor Admission for International Candidates
Admission to DHBW can occur after:
- Verified approval of foreign academic credentials,
- Proof of required German language proficiency (see below) and
- signing of a study and workplace training contract with a DHBW corporate partner
- The equivalent of a German university entrance qualification (Abitur). The equivalence must be oficially recognized by our headquarter in Stuttgart for all campuses in Baden-Württemberg. Please fill in the forms provided on this page and send the papers to Central International Office in Stuttgart for recognition.
- A contract with a partner company: Take a look at our German homepage to get an idea about the companies cooperating with Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Heidenheim.
- Please send your application and CV only to the partner companies. Applications will not be accepted by Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Heidenheim! The application process should be started at least a year in advance. Each year the Bachelor programs start on October 1.
- You should contact Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Heidenheim only when your entry qualification has already been recognized in Stuttgart and when you have signed a contract with a partner company.
- Even German citizens, who graduated abroad (e.g. South America), are considered to be a foreigner. Therefore they have to complete a Test of German Language Ability for Foreign College Students or need to prove their German language skills similarly.
For further information regarding undergraduate study programs you are interested in (i.e. detailed information on the study programme, enrollment in the chosen degree programme, curriculum or any other relevant academic information), please contact the International Office.