Female Innovation Training (FIT)
Application deadline: Monday, 10th April 2023
The aim of FIT is to support and network female academics from DHBW and its African partner university on their way into professional life. It is about empowering women as innovators and supporting them in their projects. In this training course, the focus is on learning innovation techniques (e.g. design thinking, agile project management, business model canvas, etc.). Above all, the participants are trained in connection with real problems to identify potential solutions, to plan their implementation, to submit them in public competitions and thus to experience not only theoretically but also practically the fact that they are innovators.
Target Audience Requirements
- Young female academics (Master and PhD level students, in exceptional cases also Bachelor graduates)
- Persons with a declared intention to become innovators in/founders of a company or persons who want to turn the results of their own research into a marketable product or service
- Participants must be a student or a alumna of the universities below (FIRE member universities)
- Developing and evaluating ideas
- Framework conditions (financing, communication, cooperation)
- Business planning
- Implementation planning
- Successful pitching
Click here for registration: https://forms.gle/o5XcisTXYzczZiHZ6
The Female Innovation Training lasts 10 weeks, includes 10 sessions. The number of participants is limited to 16. The FIRE partner university decides who is allowed to participate.
Each university in the FIRE network decides who may participate.
If you would like to know more about the selection criteria, please get in touch with your contact in the network.
Find more information about content, lecturers and dates of the training:
Certificate of Participation
After completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Prof. Dr. Conny Mayer-Bonde,
Dr. Isobel Green,
- Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University
- Botho University, Botswana
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa
- Central University of Technology, Free State, South Africa
- Durban University of Technology, South Africa
- Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia
- Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Tanzania
- Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences, Rwanda
- South African College of Applied Sciences, South Africa
- St Augustine University of Tanzania, Tanzania
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- The Institute of Finance Management, Tanzania
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Namibia, Namibia
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- University of Venda, South Africa